“Les Italiens de Paris” were those artists belonging to the ‘Ritorno all’Ordine’ (Return to Order) art movement that followed the First World War and who met in Paris at the beginning of 1928. They were Giorgio de Chirico, Alberto Savinio, Massimo Campigli, Filippo De Pisis, René Paresce, Gino Severini and Mario Tozzi. Taking its inspiration from traditional art, the movement rejected extreme avant-garde and was associated with a revival of classicism.
Each of the seven artists had different ideas and artistic styles, yet they stuck together in an artistic fellowship in the attempt to reaffirm the importance of Italian visual art. This ‘partnership’ continued until 1933, and yet during these years they were never all together in the various exhibitions of the group, and more often exhibited with other artists. Today at the Lu.C.C.A. Museum they are all reunited.